Monday, May 29, 2006

Rested....Finally!


I have finally recovered from Montezuma's Revenge, and my energy is back up to almost normal. Sorry it's been so long for me to update my blog. I'll have pictures of our village trip up soon enough!!
So, because I'm a tourist, I am required to leave the country every 6 months. This is great because it basically means I get to go to Thailand every 6 months. I think I am ready to have a bit of a break and a good Starbucks! Thailand is like America with a bit of Asian culture thrown in there, at least compared to here it's almost like being back in America! They also have really good CHEAP seafood. I will fly out to Thailand on the 25th June. In the meantime, I will be taking the long journey down to the capital on the 5th June, to pick up my momma, who's coming to visist. Everyone here is SO excited to meet her, they keep saying to me "momma is coming on 6th June". After she spends time here with me, she will be going to China to teach ESL. She's such a smart lady. Not only does she have one Maters of Education, but now she is studying for her second Masters in Teaching English as a Second Language! What an accomplished lady!! I miss her, and am excited to see her in a week!!! She is going to absolutely HATE me for posting this picture of her with her "sunflower boyfriend" as she calls it, but this is one of the only pictures I have of her on my computer!! It doesn't really do her justice I must say! Love you momma!

No comments: