
There is a lot of documentation for the traveling that I have done over the past week, so I've decided to break it up into different sections. It may take me a few days to upload everything. This first post is about Halloween. I can't believe it was almost two weeks ago now, but time flies when you travel. The day started with us decorated our house for our "Fall Festival" and buying the biggest pumpkin we could find. For $2 we found a 10kg- 22lb pumpkin. Most people looked at us strangely as we walked through the market carrying the oaf of a gourd, and our neighbours asked us what we were going to do with all that pumpkin. We told them that we wouldn't waste anything and they could have the left overs. The carving began and just about ALL our neighbors asked me what I was doing. After about an hour's work

the masterpiece was finished. Our friends from out of town arrived and we started the fun with chocolate fondue and s'mores. We nick named our pumpkin friend Dixy, after Dixschit (pronounced- well never mind) a little boy that lives below us. The fun that night was short had since we had to wake up early the next morning to head out on our adventures!
3 comments:
I appreciate that you shared Dicky's real name unlike April...way to be honest! :)
That's a very nice pumpkin!
I always knew that you were talented. Now I know it for sure. That pumpkin is a wonderful masterpiece. How on earth did the two of you carry it up that hill of yours?
momma
Post a Comment