Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gauri the Guy.

"GUY" is the hindi word for cow. GAURI as I have said before lives on our roof. I know that the people here are very attached to their animals, but I have to say GAURI is maybe the most spoilt pet cow I know. So maybe she gives milk, urine, and manure, all of which are "valuable" here, but in return she gets to eat an unlimited about of hay, cow feed, left over fruit etc from our neighbors kitchens PLUS she gets brushed everday by our Uncle. I am convinced that this is her favorite part of the day, and she takes joy in allowing everyone to pamper her (as well as being the most spoilt cow, I think she is also the tamest cow I've ever met). Here is a picture of her LOVING her brush time with Uncle. She even shows our Uncle where she wants him to brush next!! And yes my friends this all happens on our roof!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

dude, that has to be the coolest thing i've heard all day! a cow on your roof!?!?!! i am seriously jealous--i mean, we have cows and whatnot here, but not our very own on our roof. you are the coolest, beki b!