Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rumdoodle doo


There are so many pictures of Everest that I could post, but really once you've seen one picture of it, you've seen them all. SO, unless ya'll want more pictures of the mountains I'm not planning on posting anymore.There is a restaurant in Thamel, Katmandu called rumdoodle. If the name isn't fun enough, anyone who climbs to Everest basecamp gets a free foot to design and hang in the restaurant- the food isn't bad either.
So after arriving back in KMD, we went to dinner at rumdoodle. At first we weren't sure if we were going to be able to get a foot, apparently reservations are needed for such things. After much discussion with the manager, a foot was found and the designing began. We took our time since we are not nick named Team USA "HARDCORE" for nothing, and seem to not only be a little competative when it comes to trekking, but also foot designing. We were determined to have the best foot, in the best location- we even went to the extreme of printing off an 8X10 of ourselves, at Base camp. Oh yes, there was no competition, we definitely created the best foot. Then came the task of hanging it. Of course by us having the best foot it had to be hung in the best place where everyone could see it. Unfortunately a lot of the "best places" were already taken by other feet. We finally decided on the ceiling next to the entrance. SO, if you're ever in Katmandu and you go to Rumdoodle, when you enter the retaurant look up as you go up the stairs and you may just see Team USA "Hardcore's" foot!



5 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Your foot is definitely great!

Anonymous said...

Hey becks,

Those pics are definitely amazing. Now that I see them I have to say that I'm a little relieved because it looks much more safe than what I was imagining it would be like.

Don't forget to update us lots now that you're back home. Even the most boring story to you would probably make for a good story to me - it doesn't even need pictures if you don't have them!

Love you lots and lots and lots,

Benny

Emily said...

Team America Hardcore rocks! How come the other Team America girl looks so familiar to me? I still don't know how it works - did you know those people beforehand or just get assigned to a group or what?

Beki Lee said...

I knew the girl S-Brad (not her real name, just what I call her) but I didn't know the guys.

Anthony and Sharon said...

I know this post is a couple months old, but still... Everest? That's so cool...so was it actually the mountain Everest that the base camp was at...so as you were standing there were you actually standing ON Everest? So how much higher was the top? Could you see it from where you were or were there clouds blocking the summit?
Even going that far would be check-mark on the "List of things to do before I die"...you're so my hero.